As we embark on the ending of a year, and all its joys and sorrows, we prepare for our journey into a new year with a plethora of new opportunities and expectations. Many will continue in their family traditions during the holiday season; while others will spend it alone because they have lost a significant loved one or they are away from family whether it be in distance or relationship.
As we close the chapter of 2018, many will pledge to exercise more, eat better, …and spend more time with family and friends. We will create a long “must-do”- list of New Year’s resolutions that often lack sustainability. In fact, according to research by the University of Scranton 92 percent of people that set New Year’s goals never actually achieve them. Shockingly 92% of New Year’s goals fail by January 15th.
Regardless of where you find yourself while reading this blog, I challenge you to change your mindset and do something different. I’d like to offer the following:
1. Create a power word for 2019
I would like to suggest PURPOSE as the power word or theme for 2019. Naturally, since this blog has been focused on that very topic, and I think this is a great power word for the New Year.
2. Give the Gift of PURPOSE this year.
Each year we search for the perfect gift for our loved ones, for some, it will be the most extravagant gift to express our undeniable love for that special someone or it could be that practical gift that’s useful and makes life easier for the indented.
Let’s think outside the box and give something that will change the trajectory of someone’s life. It requires a minimal monetary investment but the R.O.I (return on investment) is far-reaching.
Let me asked you this question: Have you considered giving the Gift of PURPOSE?
Why give the Gift of PURPOSE?
By giving the gift of Purpose we are making an investment into the life and future of someone else while leaving an eternal impact. When we discover our assignment in life, we discover how we ought to contribute to the betterment of society and others. Also, we are contributing to the reaping of the personal benefits that come with living on purpose as well.
Listed below are a few of the personal benefits we receive when we are living a PURPOSE driven life.
- Spiritual Health- It’s the sense of peace; where your mental, emotional and physical health are amalgamated with the knowledge that your life is complete in purpose and one with the Creator of the Universe. Ultimately, Your Spirit is at Peace!
- Mental Health – On Nov 7, 2016, Nathan A. Lewis (and others) published: Purpose in Life and Cognitive Functioning in Adulthood. Their study found that having a PURPOSE in life was linked to some measurable cognitive benefits in people who were in their 30’s up through their 80’s.
- Emotional Health– Additional studies assessing the PURPOSE of over 1,000 adults found that those with a high sense of meaning in their lives spent more time and attention on their loved ones and communities.
- Physical Health– Another study suggests that living your life with a strong sense of PURPOSE may lower your risk of heart attacks along with other physical health benefits.
When we have all these areas in sync our Financial Health will be aligned.
Lastly, it has been proven that people who live on PURPOSE: Live longer, healthier, and happier lives!
Now with benefits like these who would not want to give a gift that offers such great rewards.
Give the best gift that you can give to yourself and the people you love and buy now. Give the Gift of PURPOSE Today!
Neil Gaiman once said, “Books make great gifts because they have whole worlds inside of them. And it’s much cheaper to buy somebody a book than it is to buy them the whole world!”